Michael Davis’ primary area of focus is real estate transactional law, including commercial and residential development, leasing, acquisition and disposition and commercial financing and lending. Michael also has expertise in general corporate law, including formations of limited liability companies and other closely-held businesses, private placements, mergers and acquisitions (stock and assets), contracts and other similar matters involving closely held private businesses.
Mike began his career in 1988 at the law firm of Kirkland & Ellis in Chicago. Mike moved to Indianapolis to practice law at Johnson Smith in 1990. From 1991 to 2006, Mike was an owner and operator of the Davis Homes companies, a third generation family homebuilding and multi-family developer in Indianapolis and surrounding counties. While with the Davis companies, Mike was actively involved in the management, operations, finance, legal and all other aspects of the various Davis Homes entities. After leaving the Davis companies, Mike was employed with Flaherty & Collins Properties where he served as Vice President of Development and Finance. Prior to joining Cohen Garelick & Glazier, Mike was Of Counsel with the law firm of Bingham Greenebaum Doll, LLP for four years.
Mike is firmly established in the Indianapolis business, real estate and legal community. Mike’s unique blend of business owner, entrepreneur and legal counsel allows him to leverage his extensive range of experience and community contacts to better serve his clients with all of their needs.
- Indiana, 1990
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. cum laude - 1988
- Indiana University
- B.S. - 1985
- Major: Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- World Presidents’ Organization (Indiana Chapter), Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School, Board Member
- Women's Fund of Central Indiana, Board of Advisors
- Brebeuf Jesuit Football Program, Public Address Announcer
- The Orchard School, Board Member, 2003 - 2009
- Second Presbyterian Church, Board of Deacons and Elders, 2003 - 2006
- Concord Community Development Corporation, Board Member, 1994 - 2005
- Indianapolis Housing Agency, Board of Commissioners, 2001 - 2006
- First Baptist Athletics, Hall of Fame Recipient, 2012 - Present