Indianapolis, Indiana, Trusts Attorneys
A comprehensive estate plan often includes one or more trusts to safeguard assets and transfer property. A trust can be an excellent tool for achieving several goals at once:
- Asset protection during life
- Transferring assets to the next generation while minimizing estate tax
- Providing for charity
- Funding specific goals, such as a college education or assistance with long-term care
- Removing assets from the probate process
- Controlling the timing of asset transfer (with a trust, you can designate that a beneficiary not receive the asset until a certain age)
A Legal Team with an Extensive Background in Estate and Tax Law
The attorneys of Cohen Garelick & Glazier are well prepared to provide clients with estate and trust solutions to manage succession planning, tax planning and asset transfer. We have attorneys on staff with more than three decades of estate and trust experience, in addition to the services of tax attorney Jeffrey A. Adams, who holds an LL.M. degree in tax law.
At Cohen Garelick & Glazier we handle every aspect of estate planning and tax planning, from the creation and execution of trusts, and generation transfer tax to trust amendments and reformations. We also litigate trust controversies relating to the interpretation or enforcement of provisions.
Contact our Indianapolis law office to schedule a consultation.
Learn More about Trust Options Available to Meet Your Goals
Your personal estate lawyer will explain living trusts, irrevocable trusts, life insurance trusts, and other types of trusts and how they work in connection with asset protection and asset transfer.
- Asset protection and tax planning can include family limited partnerships and generation skipping transfer tax
- Asset transfer trusts can include marital trusts, credit shelter trusts, charitable trusts, and charitable remainder trusts
Whatever your goal, our goal is to meet it, in a manner that is both cost effective and practical.
|MaryEllen K. Bishop|
|Bradley H. Cohen|
|Jeffrey A. Adams|
|Charles A. Cohen|
Contact our Central Indiana Estates and Trusts Lawyers
If you need legal advice or representation for any estate planning, probate, or guardianship matter, please contact Cohen Garelick & Glazier in Indianapolis, Indiana. You can reach our attorneys by phone at 317-573-8888 or 1-800-624-7370.