Indianapolis Divorce Attorneys
You will emerge from the divorce process with several elements set in place for the next phase of your life. These elements involve property, money, children and financial support. Our skilled Carmel and Indianapolis divorce lawyers will work closely with you to ensure decisions made regarding these issues are made in accordance with your best interests.
At Cohen Garelick & Glazier, we are vigorous advocates for our clients who are experiencing divorce. We educate each client and advise him or her about the laws relevant to his or her divorce. Additionally, we offer thorough explanations about what can reasonably be accomplished for our clients. If you would like to learn more about the divorces services offered at our firm, contact an Indianapolis divorce lawyer online.
Experienced Representation From Prominent Indiana Divorce Lawyers
Our Indianapolis divorce lawyers can guide you through any divorce-related matter. Talk to us about:
- Legal separation: Couples may choose to legally separate for many reasons. Perhaps they just need a trial period prior to committing to a divorce or need some time away from each other. Under Indiana law, a legal separation cannot last for more than one year. After the year's time, the couple must decide if they are going to file for divorce or remain married. During the separation, temporary orders can be entered for child custody, child support and spousal support.
- Property division: We strive for equitable division of marital property, assets and debts. Our Indianapolis divorce lawyers can effectively protect your rights as property is classified as marital or separate. Once marital property is identified, we then move forward toward a successful division. We can handle the division of large estates, family businesses, private practices, investments, retirement accounts, real estate property, and other complex property and assets.
- Child support: In Indiana, child support is calculated by mandatory guidelines. The calculation considers several factors such as each parent's income and parenting time to determine the amount of support. Our skilled Indianapolis divorce lawyers can ensure that the amount is determined in a fair manner - whether you will be paying or receiving support.
- Child custody: We handle child custody determinations on a case-by-case basis, recognizing that each parent and his or her child or children is different from the next. We consistently safeguard the best interests of the children as we seek fair child custody and visitation agreements.
- Spousal support: Alimony, also known as spousal support, is awarded on a case-by-case basis. It can be granted temporarily or permanently. Factors that go into determining the amount and type of support include the length of the marriage, the earning capacity of the dependent spouse, the age of the spouses and the health of the spouses.
|Deborah Farmer Smith|
|Sarah T. Baker|
|Brooke Jones Lindsey|
Contact a Indianapolis Legal Separation Attorney
Cohen Garelick & Glazier can assist with your legal separation and divorce needs, seeking a favorable outcome for you, your children and your future. Schedule your consultation with one of our family law attorneys by calling us locally at 317-573-8888 or toll free at 1-800-624-7370. You can also contact our Indianapolis, Indiana, law firm online.