Email MeJill E. Goldenberg Schuman
Jill Goldenberg Schuman concentrates in the areas of family law and alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Goldenberg Schuman received her B.S. degree with distinction in business from Indiana University in 1990 and her Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from Boston University School of Law in 1993. She has been with Cohen Garelick & Glazier since graduation.
Ms. Goldenberg Schuman is certified by the Indiana Certifying Organization of the Indiana Bar Association as an Indiana Certified Family Law Specialist. She is also a registered domestic mediator. Since undergoing mediation training in 2002, Ms. Goldenberg Schuman has mediated about 100 cases. She has also served as a family law arbitrator. Ms. Goldenberg Schuman devotes the majority of her practice to family law matters or mediations and arbitrations involving family law matters. She has been a lecturer in various family law and alternative dispute resolution topis for the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum and has been an author on several family law appellate decisions. She was recognized in 2007 and 2008 as a Best Lawyer in her field of family law and was also recognized in 2008 as a Super Lawyer in her field.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Indiana Family Law Specialist
- Registered Domestic Mediator
- Indiana, 1993
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1993
- Honors: Edward F. Hennessey Scholar at Boston University
- Indiana University
- B.S. - 1990
- Honors: With Distinction
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Past Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Indiana Bar Assocition, Family Law Certification Board Member, 2007 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Co Chair of Wine Women & Shoes for Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, June 1, 2013 - Present