Jill E. Goldenberg Schuman
Jill Goldenberg Schuman concentrates in the areas of family law and alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Goldenberg Schuman received her B.S. degree with distinction in business from Indiana University in 1990 and her Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from Boston University School of Law in 1993. She has been with Cohen Garelick & Glazier since graduation.
Jill is certified by the Indiana Certifying Organization of the Indiana Bar Association as an Indiana Certified Family Law Specialist. She is a registered domestic mediator. Since undergoing mediation training in 2002, she has mediated 100’s of cases. She has also served as a family law arbitrator. Ms. Goldenberg Schuman devotes the majority of her practice to family law matters or mediations and arbitrations involving family law matters. She has been a lecturer in various family law and alternative dispute resolution topics for the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum and has several published family law appellate decisions. She was recognized in 2007 - 2014 as a Best Lawyer in her field of family law and was also recognized in 2008-2014 as a Super Lawyer in her field. From 2011-2014 she was selected as one of Indiana’s Top 50 Super Lawyers and in 2009-2014 as one of Indiana’s Top 25 Women Super Lawyers.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Indiana Family Law Specialist
- Registered Domestic Mediator
- Indiana, 1993
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1993
- Honors: Edward F. Hennessey Scholar at Boston University
- Indiana University
- B.S. - 1990
- Honors: With Distinction
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Past Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Indiana Bar Association, Family Law Certification Board Member, 2007 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Co Chair of Wine Women & Shoes for Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, June 1, 2013 - Present